Across the UK there are some 55,000 boys and girls on waiting lists to join the adventure of Scouting. In the event of any of our Group’s Sections being declared full the following waiting list policy will be followed
Spaces in a Section will be allocated in the following order of priority:
- Children who are already members of a younger Section of the Group
- Children of Leaders and Section Assistants in the Group
- Children who have siblings already in our Scout Group
- Children of Group Executive Committee members
- Children who are already members of Scouting and move into our area
- Children of members of our sponsoring church Headingley Methodist Church
- Children or siblings of former Group Members
We also take into account the age of children on any waiting list in order to maximise each Child’s time in a Section. If all above things are equal (age being approximate) then the length of time they have been on the waiting list will be used as the deciding factor but will not put children on any waiting list before they are 4 and we will not admit children to Beavers once they are aged 7 or over.
Scouting is great fun for the adults too so if you could help make the fun and adventure happen for local youngsters why not complete our volunteering form and we will get in touch with further information.